Modulant, Inc. is currently seeking a Big Data/Hadoop Developer. This position will be developing data analytics, data mining and reporting solutions using Hadoop on large scale data analytics system that is capable of ingesting, storing and analyzing hundreds of terabytes of data. This role may also include but not be limited to working on projects that provide real-time and historical analysis, decision support, predictive analytics, and reporting services; leveraging Hadoop and SQL data platforms, data mining, visualization and machine learning.
- Design and develop web services for large scale, multi-threaded applications.
- Hands on technical role; Contribute to all phases of the SDLC, including but not limited to analysis, architecture, design, implementation, and testing.
- Developing TB per month scale web services predominantly in Java.
- Strong SQL and NoSQL data store usage: querying, tuning, mapping, and operations.
- Contribute to architecting, provisioning, tuning, and development of Hadoop or other distributed systems.
- Formulating MapReduce ETL processes and working with downstream data warehouses for analytics.
- Responsible for design documentation and participate in design/code reviews.
- Agile environment experience a plus
Skills and Experience Needed
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in software design and development of large scale, fault tolerant and highly scalable enterprise and web based applications.
- 2+ years of experience in the development of Hadoop APIs and MapReduce jobs for large scale data processing.
- Solid experience in Core Java development and design and development of web services within large scale, fault tolerant, multi-threaded distributed systems.
- Strong background in Big Data technologies and the Hadoop ecosystem like Hive, Pig, Flume, Storm.
- Experience working with NoSQL in at least one of the data stores – HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Familiarity with cloud services like AWS, Rackspace, or HP Cloud.
- Solid understanding with ETL methodologies in a multi-tiered stack, integrating with Big Data systems like Hadoop and Cassandra.
- Experience with BI, data analytics and MPP databases like Vertica is a plus.
- Must be a team player and enjoy working in a cooperative and collaborative team environment.
- Adaptable to new technologies and standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Modulant is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities.